Writer's thought

"I write what I think.
But, sometimes our feelings is difficult
to be disclosed with words".

How do you rate my blog?

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Slow Internet connection: buffer overflow?

Over the past few days, we’ve been complaining at home a little about the Internet connection. It’s come to the point where we’re not sure if it’s UMP server connection, some global cable getting cut or our hub that’s messing around with us.

Comes to show how fragile the Internet really is, for all its infinite possibilities.

I put up a status update on Facebook (struggled to, by the way, because it took a couple of minutes for the update to even be recorded) yesterday about how I was wondering if anyone else was facing some connection issues with internet.

Apparently they were. I came back home to 20 over comments on them, most echoeing my sentiments. Well, at least I know that it’s not my modem or hub.

For the past 2-3 days, I have been having problems getting into certain websites (most significantly is Facebook and Gmail) – it takes forever to load. At the same time, other sites are fine. My blog and Yahoo! among others were fine.

I found this a little strange but couldn’t explain it.

One of my friend in her comment on my status, explained that the cause could be a “buffer overflow”. When I saw the message, I immediately clicked on the link she referred me to, except that because of the slow connection, the page wouldn’t load.

So I left it on overnight and woke up with the page loaded.I tried to read what it’s all about but it got too technical for me. Can't understood at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bye Myspace Comments